Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Post-Baby Weight

How long do you get to use the excuse "I just had a baby" when referring to your weight?  I think it should work for at least 2 years! haha  Unfortunately, that excuse (or any excuse for that matter) doesn't really make me feel better about my weight...at all.  I am lucky enough to have a husband that reminds me everyday that I'm beautiful and that he could care less about my weight...but at the same time I feel like he deserves a wife that takes care of herself and I know I'd feel better about myself if I could get back to "normal".

I have a very dear friend who started her weight loss journey and blogs about it to stay accountable.  So, I am taking her idea and telling you all that I am bound and determined to get this baby weight off!!! It's close to impossible to really cut my calories while I'm breastfeeding because I have to eat a MINIMUM of 1500 calories/day in order to keep my milk sufficient enough to feed my growing girl!  So, here is what I'm doing to keep me on track....My goal is to be down 40 more pounds by Mid-July.  That is roughly 2 pounds/week--which is do-able....(I hope!).  So far, this plan has helped me drop 10lbs in a little over a month (with plenty of "cheating").

1.  I've started to track my calories on the MyFitnessPal Iphone App which is helping me really be aware of what is going in my body.

2.  I have also started the Couch 2 5k running program.  I didn't realize how OUT OF SHAPE I really was until I got my fat ass into the gym.  I just finished week 5 day 1 today and it was definitely hard but I am so impressed at how much my indurance has increased in just over a month.  It's really rewarding.

3.  I aim to do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred on the days that I don't do the Couch 2 5k--the program suggests you only run ever other day.

4.  I am taking weekends OFF from working out.  I think working out 5 days a week deserves a break and it's extremely important to me to spend family time while my husband is home from work.

5.  I weigh myself EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.  I know so many people say to weigh once a week.  That doesn't do it for me.  I feel great even when I've lost .2 pounds and if I've gained .2 I feel like I need to work a little harder and watch what I'm eating a little more.

6.  I've given up Diet Cokes---except when we go out to eat, I treat myself.  Technically they are still 0 calories, right?! ;)

7.  I am not depriving myself.  If I need a treat, I'll have one--but that just means I won't have a treat again the next day.  If I deprive myself too much, this "diet" thing won't last.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Cara! I also know how hard it is and know that you can do it! Let me know when you want to work out together!

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers