Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy and Healthy 2012

OHHHH It's been awhile!! Hello again blogging world :)  I have been so busy chasing the kiddos and keeping up with work during the holidays the last few months! The good news is that we had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas season with family and our lives are slowing down and getting back to normal!  YAY!!  There a lot of things in the works at the Orr household as we get ready to start the new year and I'm excited about the changes!! 1st things 1st, Dillon and I will be headed to Mexico soon and we are back on the diet/healthy train!! I have slowly been losing since June (Livi was 4 months when I quit nursing and started watching my calorie intake).  In June, I weighed in at 182 pounds (yikes) which was about where I was at post-Kenwood pregnancy as well.  As of this morning, I'm down to 159 pounds  with my final goal at 135....24 pounds to go!  It's definitely a slow process but my doctor says that the slower the better because it will be easier to maintain versus dropping 25 pounds in a month.  Still frustrating though!  We would all like to have immediate results for our hard work :) but I'm being patient and not doing anything too drastic that I can't stick with it!

Next on the list is re-organizing and de-cluttering the house!  We've been in the new house a little over a year and somehow all our closets and cabinets are just piling up slowly but surely! It's been tough to stay on top of the house with two little ones running around, but if I can get organized NOW it will be easier to maintain (sorta like my weight! haha) I am STRIVING to do a 30-day house reorganization starting with one room/project at a time.  Day #1 was taking all the Christmas decorations down and organizing them into separate bins with printed out labels (Tree ornaments, stockings & tree skirt, Christmas village, Greenery&fillers, lights, etc.)--Day #1= SUCCESS!!! Sorry, I didn't take any before and after pics of Day 1 :)

Day #2 was yesterday...another success!! Yesterday I focused on the fridge and pantry in the kitchen.  You would not believe me if I told you that just by de-cluttering boxes and organizing things into bins that I have SO MUCH extra space in my pantry it is RIDICULOUS! It almost looks empty! It's awesome :)

BEFORE:



AFTER: --can you believe this has ALL of the same things in here? Just organized! Crazy how much space clutter takes up!!

Yes...we like Cheerios.

 Each bin/basket got a tag--:

I used free printable tags I found on Pinterest and printed file labels to stick on them....then I used packing tape to "laminate" them and jute twine to tie them


Even Dillon has his own "Smoker & BBQ shelf"  :)

Todays project: My craft closet in the guest room....OHHH this should be fun (not)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the post-second baby weight loss! You're doing great. I just wish I had your motivation to get organized. :)

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers