Thursday, January 7, 2010

Easier said than done!

Well, as I have known for a year (since Kenwood was born) it is alot easier to WANT to lose weight than it is to actually lose the weight!  Dillon and I kicked off our Biggest Loser competition with a 48 hour fast (it was recommended by a weight loss physician to my dad in order to get the full benefits of starting a diet).  So we did! It really was not that hard, I was actually really surprised.  I always hear people talking about the importance of a support system when your losing weight, but it is SO true! It's alot easier to eat healthy when I know my husband is going to come home and say "what did you eat today?" and since I am a terrible liar...I'm held accountable!  It's wonderful.  I'm hoping this weight loss process isas easy as possible! 

We have decided the best solution for us is calorie-counting.  I've tried diet after diet and I've had the results, but this time I NEED to keep the weight off!  I think calorie-counting will be best because, we can eat what we want--as long as we know our portions and calories and then we burn the calories we need to!  Which, in turn, forces us to excercise--which we don't enjoy (at least at this point).  But, I hear exercise is kind of an addicting habit that I'm hoping to get addicted to!! (but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one!)

The greatest thing about calorie counting?! 100 calorie packs!!! Just about every snack food you enjoy comes in a 100 calorie pack-what a brilliant idea. So I went to the grocery store to stock up.  I hope it actually helps curb those cravings in the near future! Cheers to a new me!



1 comment:

background

Followers