Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Biggest Losers

Biggest Losers. Literally.

On Christmas, my brother informed us that his wife had signed him up for a half-marathon.  If my husband did that, I would gladly withhold lots of things he wants.  But, my brother is not me, and he proudly got on the bandwagon to start training for this half-marathon.  Good for him.  Post-marathon conversation we then proceeded to get competitive..and by we I mean my entire family, spouses included (if you read my Wii blogpost, you already know about my competitive genes).

The Competition: Our family is doing our very own Biggest Loser- starting today (the premiere of biggest loser is tonight).  Each of us paid a $50 participation fee and the winner gets the pot...while 2nd place gets their money back.  Did I mention my in-law's are joining the competition too? That's $450 buckaroos people. Which is almost better than a tummy tuck because when I win, I get skinnier, I get the money AND I get the bragging rights....which the latter is the most intriguing in our family I do believe.   Dillon and I have been strategizing by eating every meal out since the competition came to light, just so we will be heavier today and have more to lose! Which means more pounds to lose, but whatever...it sounded like a good strategy..and it sure was fun to eat!

I am particularly excited about this biggest loser because I'm hoping that a year after having Kenwood (when I gained 65lbs in my pregnancy--I was an Elephant) that I can finally get the last of the weight off and I can be NORMAL again and maybe even SKINNY! ohhh that sounds so nice. So, you all have to hold me accountable.  I'm off to workout! Here goes nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers