Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year's Resolution

Almost a week after 2010 hit, I decided to make a New Year's Resolution.  I guess with all the hustle and bustle of things around my house I just plain forgot.  Not that I've ever really stuck to a New Year's Resolution all that well.  Last year, I decided I wasn't going to drink soda anymore-I was in shock at the weight I kept on after Kenwood and since I was nursing I couldn't really be on a STRICT diet because I needed the calories.  So I figured soda was a good option!  I actually stuck to it until May, except for a few slip ups here and there.  But for the most part, I stuck to it until May.  Now, however I have gone off the deep end and can't get enough Diet Coke.  Oh well.


This year, my resolution is a little more realistic.  I'm resolving to get and stay organized and to live a healthier lifestyle.  The first resolution came to me when I absolutely 100% could not stand the clutter and paper stacks in my home office anymore.  (I am a property manager for some family real estate as well as a manager for just about anything and everything my dad left behind) So, I have stacks of files and stacks of bills and stacks of mail.  I just could not take it anymore. Did I mention the office is also my "craft" space and also Kenwood's "play"room?  There's a whole lot of everything going on in that room.  It drives me bonkers just thinking about it.


So, I started from square one and cleaned everything out of the closet, the cabinets, the files....organized, donated, and trashed what I didn't need anymore.  And put everything back together.  I realized in this 4 day process of re-organizing and cleaning out my office that organizing can become very expensive if you don't have the labels, bins, cabinets, etc. that you need.  Those little plastic bins add up! But, it is totally and completely worth every penny for me to work in a clean and organized environment!  Next up, my kitchen.  If anyone has any brilliant ideas on how to store kids plates, sippy cups, lids, etc it would be greatly appreciated.


Resolution #2 was kind of a spin-off of every other year I've ever made a resolution to "lose weight", this year I decided to live healthier, which in turn will hopefully cause some weight loss.  Like I say, it's easier said than done!  I have absolutely no enjoyment in working out...quite frankly I think it's torture.  The only point I see in running is calorie burn...which in my mind could be accomplished doing just about anything BUT running.  But I started running anyway...slowly...one small step at a time.  And I'm getting better...but I still don't like it.  I've convinced myself that it's okay if I don’t look anything like the happy runners I see in commercials or in magazine ads. In fact, I would wager that I look exactly the opposite when I'm struggling for breath and swearing myself and thinking I'm literally about to pass out. Those people are not normal and those "happy runners" should have their smiles and perfect bodies and rock hard abs knocked right off of them. But rest assured, as soon as I catch up to them I'll do us non-happy runner's some justice!  Sorry, I'm babbling.  Oh, did I mention I love Wii Fit? I'll discuss that new love interest later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers