Monday, February 8, 2010

Bedroom Complete!

Well, I got my fabric in at the end of last week! How exciting!! They sent me the wrong main fabric for the living room, so it should be getting here tomorrow.  But, since I had all the fabric for the bedroom I started (and finished) the pillow covers and the curtains!

This is the BEFORE...Can you see why I couldn't wait to change that green and gold combo?! YUCK!


Here are some pics of the finished product!
Please excuse Dillon's hat on his nightstand...and the clutter of my Bible and study material...but you get the gist!

Here is a close up of the pillow covers....I stress the word covers because I change my mind so often that I made these interchangeable.  There is a button enclosure on the 2 large pillows and the small envelope pillow, and the middle standard pillow just has an envelope backing to stuff (and unstuff) the pillow into the cover.  It also helps save tons of money because pillow forms are expensive themselves...why not just cover the ugly ratty pillows you already have and save $50!

Behold, the "semi-custom" curtains that are so sadly hidden by our dresser! Essentially, I bought pre-made brown taffeta curtain panels (which may I add were only $20/each and matched our previous bedding PERFECTLY) and sewed a custom-look valance of my coordinating fabric onto each panel.  I opted for rings to clip the curtain into place because of the fabric weight differences between the two...the clips also give a nice pleat look without the extra sewing! Saved me time and money.

You may have noticed these little touches in the first picture.  These His and Hers are SO easy and add a little touch to your Master "Suite" --mine are to prove that HIS side is dirtier than HERS when guests see our room :).  Anyway, before they had a green plaid matting (to match the previous decor) so I just switched to a light blue to keep a little of that accent color in our room.  If you want to make these, just go to Hobby Lobby and get a 12x12 frame (I got these 1/2 off!) and a coordinating piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper.  Then print His and Hers in a font you like onto a piece of white/cream cardstock...tape them together, frame them...and VOILA! Cute cute accents for any room or bathroom!

Can't wait to get my living room finishd now!! Here is a sneak peek of some of the new pillows for my favorite green leather chairs:



This is what I meant by an envelope back...you just slide your pillow in, flip it over, and you have an easy pillow cover without comprimising the pillow inside or the prettiness of the pillow!


MORE TO COME..........



1 comment:

background

Followers