Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sick Remodel Randomness

My whole world is spinning around with a million things going on right now!

First things first...I just got over being sooo sick you can not even imagine! I was certain it was food poisoning, but low and behold now my mother has it along with one of my friends.  So, I'm thinking it's safe to say there is a stomach virus going around---so here is me being motherly-- WASH YOUR HANDS!!  I am telling you, you do NOT want this bug unless you want to rid your body of everything that is in it...I'll let you use your own imagination.  Gross.  With that said, THANK GOD I am feeling better!! And millions of thanks to my hubby and mom (and everyone else who offered) for helping with the little munchkin while I was on my death bed!  I am back to life! Coincidentally, I felt better on Ash Wednesday....For those of you who are not familiar, Ash Wednesday begins a forty day period during which Christians remember their sinfulness, repent, ask God's forgiveness, and recognize that God's forgiveness comes at an infinite price -- the death of Christ on the cross on our behalf.  Well, let me tell you I was literally begging for forgiveness of whatever I had done because this sickness was obviously some sort of punishment! Except, I'm pretty sure it was punishment from cheating on my diet and eating chicken fingers (which, by the way I'm never eating again)....but still--I begged. And guess what?  God answered my prayers! I'm all better!  


Secondly, and totally off subject, we got some new stuff done on the house this week! (in my time of turmoil)  New concrete work! Yippee!! Advanced Concrete did a flippin' (I gave up cursing for lent...hopefully I won't start back up) darn good job on our front porch!! We did a "wood" stamp with a dark stain.....it looks AWESOME-if I do say so myself.  






We are also getting a new knotty alder door and shutters for the front...another transformation! Yippee! The door will look similar to this one, without the windows on the side and the shutters will be knotty alder board and batten with the same stain.



Thirdly, I went to the dentist --totally off subject again--(Dr. Hancock) today and he fixed a cavity that had corroded (or something like that)  How flippin' cool is it that they re-fill cavities with WHITE now instead of that nasty silver metal color that screamed "HEY! I have a cavity!".  Legit. Oh, and it helps that my best friend is a Dental Hygenist there so I get to chat it up when I see the dentist.  It's the little things in life.

Fourthly, --I know this could be like a tenthly long blogpost-bear with me-- our contractor came over today to finalize our Master Bathroom plans!! whooo hooooo  (ps they might start next week!) I cannot even explain how superbly pumped I am about not sharing a bathtub with my little munchkin anymore!
  I just can't bear the thought of him peeing freely in the bathtub where I'm supposed to be able to relax and have peace and serenity....




Here are some things we POSSIBLY decided on today:

Paint Color:  Whale Gray-Benjamin Moore


Wainscoting (Beadboard) Height:  56" (essentially chest height)

Mirrors: Beveled frameless --this is so the wainscoting can go around the entire bathroom and not have to be stopped for a mirror...also we decided against a matching frame for the mirror to not make the bathroom too HEAVY--this will make it more spa-like than country-like.  Think: Classic



Cabinetry:  White lacquer with a glaze in the creases ONLY...I don't want them to look dirty! The wainscoting will be glazed as well:


I ordered my bathtub too....here it is (with brushed nickel instead of chrome)! I know. You're jealous. It's ok, I would be too.


Okay, fifthly, and finally.  I promise.  I think. Oh darn....I can't think of anything else! Lucky! I'm sure I'll have more soon. Until then. 





1 comment:

background

Followers