Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The month of LOVE

February is a very important month in the Orr household.  Our Anniversary, Valentines Day, and my dad's birthday all fall in the month of February.

Our anniversary is February 2nd.  Two years ago, I married my best friend and the love of my life.  Our first year of marriage was packed full of alot of surprises.  We got married in 2008, and this is what 2008 entailed for us: our wedding, our first house, getting a surprise pregnancy 5weeks later, the diagnosis of my Daddy's pancreatic cancer, the passing away of my one and only Grammy (she was my best friend), the birth of our 1st child, and the passing away of my precious Daddy. WOW--all of that in one year?!  In our first year of marriage we faced some of the toughest trials we will ever face as a couple.  Needless to say, I didn't think we would ever fall in love MORE than we were.  I was wrong. After celebrating our 2nd year of marriage, I am confident that our lives together are just going to get better and better.

February is also the month of Valentine's Day, which Dillon and I have never really celebrated all that much to be honest!  One year he got a room at a bed and breakfast...that was wonderful, but it ended up being totally awkward because we could hear everyone walking around the house..haha.  Last year, I'm pretty sure we forgot about Valentine's day because we went to the lake for the weekend.  And this year, we don't have big plans---probably just hang out with the little guy and wear red :) Our anniversary present to eachother was the bathroom remodel so I'm pretty positive that combines Anniversary and Valentines!

I however am super excited to celebrate Valentine's Day with my baby boy.  On Friday will be Kenwood's very 1st Valentine's party with all his best friends.  I can't wait to see all the kids (and my mom friends) play and celebrate this holiday of LOVE! Here is the Valentine I made for Kenwood to give to his friends at Mother's Day Out and his Valentine's Party....I know, it's probably a little too much--but I get excited about this stuff!! I must not get out much....


This will be the 2nd year that my dad's birthday passes by without him here.  It's TOUGH.  But, the family still gets together to "celebrate" in his honor.  Last year we went to Dad's favorite place, Eischen's, and put back plenty of fried chicken and beer.  This year will probably not be Eischen's though due to our Family Biggest Loser competition--it's not exactly diet food!  But, nevertheless we will celebrate in some way.  Miss you Pops.

Wishing everyone a month full of LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. I miss daddy too. But I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I posted that comment-Wes was just logged into his account and I didn't catch it. But, I do know that he missed JT too.

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers