Monday, February 1, 2010

Room Makeover!

So,  I suck at finding the time to blog because usually when I'm on the computer I'm either checking mail, facebooking, working, or online shopping! Speaking of online shopping....

For awhile now, I've been really getting the itch to change some things up around my house.  Since I can't really re-arrange the furniture (because theres not a lot of options that work with our space) I needed to do something else.  We have this HUGE bow (not bay) window in our living room that gives a great view of the lake behind us...but being that the window is a BOW (a half-circle with no angles) it has been nearly impossible to find a window treatment option.  The closest I got was having a drapery company come out to the house to measure for a custom rod....a rod with that curve at the length it was would be a minimum of $8000!!! WHAT?!!  So, guess what?  We never put any curtains up! Not only did we never put curtains up on the bow window, we didn't put any up anywhere...just the wood blinds give us our privacy. BORING.  Custom curtains are expensive...not as expensive as custom rods...but they can get quite pricey! So, good thing I know how to sew!  So, Wednesday I went to a few fabric stores to try to find some fabric for my new project...no such luck...especially not on my budget! I had to find the perfect color schemes, because so much of our stuff is dominant in one color or the other...see explanations below. Then...I found the mother-load!! Fabric.com!! So many choices, discounted prices, aka awesomeness....I got online last week and picked out some new fabrics for our living room curtains and throw pillows for the couch, and new fabrics for our bedroom curtains and throw pillows....now I'm just waiting for the fabric to come in! Here is a sneak peek at some of our fabrics! I'll have another post once the project is completed!

Living Room:


Our living room has a lot of green...we have 2 hunter green leather chairs...and a few distressed green furniture pieces, so I had to incorporate a green tone in there somewhere....right now, it's lots of dark greens, bronzes, and reds with chocolate brown leather furniture and brown paint...I needed to soften and lighten the room a little bit, which i think the sage and teal do. I love love love the green leopard chenille.

Bedroom:


Our bedroom was a little simpler, but still hard. We have a solid chocolate brown comforter, shams, etc...but we have these really expensive sheets in gold and cream...and the current colors are gold and green...so my new fabrics had to have brown, gold and cream b/c I did NOT want to buy new sheets!  Also, our new bathroom is going to have a grey paint so I needed something that would compliment that also...tough choices.

3 comments:

  1. I want to see the fabrics you chose, but the pics aren't showing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed it!! Sorry, when I do it on my MAC it sometimes formats differently!

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers