Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2010 Roadtrip to the MASTERS!

When Dillon and I first got married...and a whopping 5 weeks later got our surprise pregnancy test- we vowed to each other that once a year we would take a vacation for some "us" time...just the two of us.  No kids, no family,  no friends.  As I have said on many occassions-my mother's wise words were that "if you get a break now and then, you will be a BETTER mother". I could not agree more. Don't get me wrong, I miss my little rascal like CRAZY when I'm gone.  But lets be honest, I also enjoy not having the adult responsibility for just a few days.

This year our vacation was to the one and only MASTERS.  Augusta National is this magical place that most of us only see on TV and comment on the beauty of the course.  Well, not to brag or anything--but I got to see it in real life.  I know. I'm even jealous of myself! Kidding.  But really. Anyways, I figured it was time to update the blog a bit and what better way than a journey through our travels!

Because our tickets (to the Practice Day) were so dang pricey, we decided to road trip.  We started out on Thursday night and took Kenwood to Shawnee to start the week with his Mimi and Donald. Then, we proceeded to the lake house to get a few hours ahead.

On Friday afternoon we got to Memphis, TN.  Graceland was one of our Road Trip stops! I'm allll shoook up....My genius husband couldn't figure out how to turn the camera flash off to take pictures until we had already gone through the Mansion.  Thank goodness for iphones...I'll post those later.
After Graceland, we went to the most famous Bar-B-Que joint in Tennessee-Rendevous.  Being from Oklahoma, we know good BBQ so we decided to put it to the test. Well, $80 later I'm glad to say it was worth it! Yummy yummy...plus 10lbs in my tummy!

Friday night, we "hotwired" our hotel in Memphis and got the Doubletree a block from Bealle Street for $60! YEEEHAW.  They will never take us back.  I'm still waiting to see if they charge us for the damage done after our night out on Bealle Street!  We were like 2 college kids...Karaoke bars, Big Ass Beers (thats what they were called).  It was soooo much fun! I love my husband so much, we had an absolute blast.

Saturday night we took it easy in Atlanta and went to see "How to Train a Dragon" in 3D.  By far in my top 2 Disney Movie favorites.  It was EXCELLENT.

Sunday we played golf in Augusta at the Goshen Golf Club.  We only got 9 holes in because the pollen in Augusta was like a yellow blanket over everything.  I hit one ball that knocked into a tree (shocking- I know) and this giant puff of yellow smoke came out. Pollen.  Nevertheless, we still had 3.5 hours to drive to our next destination of Sapphire Valley, NC.

Thankfully for us, my mom let us use some of her timeshare points to stay for free at one of her timeshare resorts--Wyndham at Sapphire Valley.  The town was darling and the sight-seeing was breathtaking. 



Finally, on Tuesday we got up at 2:30am to make the drive back to Augusta.  We didn't want to be late! We arrived about an hour early with all intentions to sleep in the car after we parked, but when we got there we were like little kids on Christmas and we were too excited to sleep.  So, the Masterful day began.

*Nothing like front row on one of the prettiest holes of the entire course #16.  Perfect for practice round day when all the golfers skip their balls across the water for show.  It was a blast!!!!



*I'm still a fan of Tiger...judge me all you want. He's a dang good golfer and quite frankly he is golf...yes, still.

*I've always liked Mickelson. Much to Dillon's dislike.  I have crush on him...probably fueled by the fact that Dillon doesn't like him. :) 2010 Masters Champion baby! Maybe I'm his good luck charm 


AMEN CORNER....Seriously impossible if I ever played this course--which IS actually impossible in itself considering their MEN ONLY rule.  Oh well....
Apparently our ticket prices allow them to serve cheap food and drinks.  It was yummy...we ate like 5 times for the price of one.
 
Yes...we took a picture of Arnold Palmer eating lunch--which wasn't awkward at all. LEGEND is all I have to say. 

All in all it was an amazing trip.  We hope to make it again in the near future. Hope you enjoyed the pics almost as much as we enjoyed taking them!!

1 comment:

  1. How FUN! I'm so jealous of your fun road trip and Masters appearance! I know you don't invite friends, but can Kyle and I come next time? :)

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers