Wednesday, May 19, 2010

You live in Oklahoma when....

Last week we had this craziness of a hail storm sweep through Oklahoma City.  I think we were the only house on the block that was actually excited, because we have been wanting a new roof for awhile now.  Unfortunately, the color of our roof is the only problem as it was in pretty good shape and no good reason to change it.... until now!  Thank you mother nature for the hail damage on our roof!  We are waiting for our insurance adjuster to come finalize our roof insurance and give us the "OK" to move ahead.  So, we're keeping our fingers crossed!



*The silver-gray roof doesn't match our new shutters and door!  Looking forward to a brown roof like normal people!


Speaking of crazy weather...we've also had a few tornado scares in the last month.  Tornado season is one of my favorite things about Oklahoma--minus the damage they do!  But, I love to sit out on the back porch and watch the skies over Lake Hefner, God is truly a wonder at the beauty he can produce!  However, these days with my little munchkin I am much more cautious than I used to be!  For mother's day, Dillon told me I could pick out  new patio furniture.  Instead, we decided that my Mother's Day present would be a tornado shelter! YAY!!!! You know you live in Oklahoma when you get excited about a tornado shelter.... In Dillon's words "You can't put a price on my family's life".  Plus, it's a good selling feature in the future when we decide to move.  I think all-in-all we will get at least some of our investment back.  Dillon tried to talk me into the 12seater one so he could put a poker table down there. Um...how 'bout NO? I think the 6seater will be plenty roomy for us and some of the neighbors!  All the kids are little anyway so they only count for like 1/3 of a person.

*We opted for the flush-mount.  This is what ours will look like when it is installed.

2 comments:

  1. For me, the color of the roof doesn't matter as long as it provides me and my family the protection we need. However, I learned that coating the roof with protective paint can enhance its durability and resistance against any type of element. By the way, have you already gotten a new roof? Hope you can give me a response. Thank you and have a nice day.
    Allyson Duguay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job well done! That roof of yours truly gives you an excellent service! I'm pretty sure that it will last for another decade. All that's left is how you handle it with care. Make sure that you conduct regular inspection within the roofing structure. Doing this will definitely make the life span of your roof longer.
    Mariam Freame

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers