Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Is there a 12-Step Program for Remodeling Addicts?

I know I know...I'm totally slacking on the blogging.  As well as cleaning the house, cooking meals, being productive in general.  I literally haven't cleaned or cooked in 6weeks---thats as long as I've had this blessed little thing the experts like to call "morning sickness".  Which in fact, isn't just "morning" ...a man must've named it that, because quite frankly it should be called "all-day sickness".  Sorry for my rant :)

If any of you know Dillon and I (or have followed the blog at all) you know that we cannot sit still for very long and we ALWAYS have to have a project going on.  Since there's not really much else to do with our house, our little brains have been reeling again about a possible move.  So, we met with our realtor last week...then abruptly changed our mind that we'd have to stay in our house for awhile because a house in Norman came up that we wanted for a rental property.  Needless to say, the foundation was almost irrepairable along with several other "updates" that were needed, so we passed on it.  Which, again made our little brains and remodeling addiction twitch because we were anxious about that new project.  So.....once again we are thinking about selling our house for a possible move.

Here is our problem.  We usually don't talk about selling our house unless we find something that we really want....which by the point in which we would actually sell our house it would be GONE. DUH. We also can't stand the thought of losing a 6% commission fee.....I am PRO-realtor (I'm even thinking about getting my license) but I just can't do it when I know exactly what to do and how to do it and have all the paperwork ready to go. I just can't. Nevertheless, if we did actually sell our house--we are VERY picky.  We will ONLY buy a good investment which makes location important---we're not afraid of remodeling (obviously) and for the right house, we're not really afraid of private school either.  The other problem is, we've always wanted our kids to grow up in a neighborhood where they go to school with their neighbor friends......so with all that said, we've been looking in Heritage Hills/Mesta Park/Crown Heights for a historical fixer-upper, Nichols Hills for a fixer-upper with add-on potential, and of course Edmond for the school districts, new construction, etc. for a house with EVERYTHING that we would plan on staying in for a nice long while.  We have a VERY broad list of "must-haves". But the first is POTENTIAL for return on investment along with a decent profit.

I know, you all think we are CRAZY because we're about to have another baby and we are possibly thinking about another major remodel/possible move. But, bring it on.  Who knows...we may stay put for awhile...or we may not.  We obviously can't make up our minds.

2 comments:

  1. I vote for Heritage Hills/Mesta Park/Crown Heights and tag on Edgemere Park. I absolutely love that area (its where I lived before moving to Dallas and where we will be living when we move back). So much history and charm and potential for beautiful remodels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will love the location and the character of the neighborhoods! we could not be more happy with the decision!! let me know if you want any help...i always keep an eye out for houses for sale!

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers