Thursday, July 29, 2010

Prepping for Kenwood's BIG move to the BIG room

What a relief!! These last few days I haven't been near as sick as I was....maybe it's a sign that the worst is behind me! However, I am stilll very exhausted!

Anyway, I'm getting so anxious to find out what the new little rascal is so I can start on "It's" nursery!  But, instead I have been putting my energy into Kenwood's big boy room.  He is now in a toddler bed, but soon we will be moving him into the BIG room and put the Queen bed on the floor without the frame so he can sleep in that until he's ready for an actual bed.  His room now, will become the nursery-again.  But, I'm so excited about his BIG room because he gets a big bed and a closet big enough to have a "play" closet stacked full of toys and fun stuff and then a totally seperate"clothes" closet...the joy of an older house!  He will also have enough room for a desk or table or little play area in his room.  Kenwoods nursery was done in a vintage sports theme, so we are going to carry that on into his new room since we have all kinds of figurines already and with a little help from Pottery Barn Kids (my new favorite store)!

I got him a plain Navy/Khaki reversible down comforter and shams and we're going to put it with these vintage football sheets from PB:

I'm going to take the shams to get embroidered with his initials (or name I can't decide), which will make it very "potterybarnish" :) 

I am also going to do my own version of this wall art from PB, with some wood and paint of my own (when I actually get some energy back):


And eventually we will get him some cool nightstands, a dresser, and a new headboard.  But for now, it's a transition into the big bed so we will just use the dresser that is in there and a plain old mattress on the floor.  I am getting very very anxious to start this new room! Hopefully it will be done in time for me to start on the nursery!  Boy or Girl?! We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers