Monday, August 30, 2010

New vs. Old

I am having a difficult time deciding whether or not to keep Kenwood in his furniture and get the baby a new crib set or to have the baby use Kenwoods and get him some big boy furniture.  At first, we decided we would FOR SURE have the baby use Kenwood's furniture...but times, they are a changin'.  First of all, Kenwood has some REALLY nice furniture and it was a great buy for us because it's a 3-in-1 crib (crib-toddler-full) and he has a beautiful dresser/hutch that matches.  It's actually a beautifully masculine little set we got him! So, after looking at the prices of bedroom furniture vs. the prices of cribs & dresser sets I'm leaning toward just getting Olivia a decent (not too expensive but not cheap) white crib and a plain white dresser.  While money is the main issue behind this decision, here are the other motivating factors :)

The name of this bedding is actually OLIVIA..it's meant to be!!! While this is a crazy expensive set, I'm hoping I can find some pink/white striped taffeta or silk and duplicate this darling bedding...I'm OBSESSED! Plus, I think it looks much better with white than a dark brown crib and furniture :)


Here is the crib I'm thinking about.  It's plain which I like, and it converts to a toddler and a full bed as well if we were to need it. It also has a matching dresser that I plan to add some pink crystal knobs to kind of like the inspirational photo below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers