Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A year of FIRSTS...

It has been an eventful year in the Orr household.  This was our FIRST year of being parents to our FIRST born son, in our FIRST house. I am still so amazed that my little guy is already one.  Anyone that is a parent can tell you that in the first year there are MANY milestones, including the milestone of accomplishing the FIRST year of parenthood.  Seeing your precious angel with their first smile, first laugh, first food, first tooth, first steps, first black eye (in our case, at least...no we are not bad parents, just learning parents and if anyone could prevent Kenwood from getting a black eye or a bruise these days with that curiosity of his, then they must hold the key to the "all-knowing shop" and I need a copy!)....

 Kenwood is one and he's a mess. One word to describe him would be "ROTTEN"...as in spoiled rotten. Or "ORNERY"...as in duh, he's a boy...he's ALL boy, bumps and bruises and black-eyes and all.   But I love that little rascal more than anything in this whole wide world. You know I feel like I've been a parent forever...like, I can't imagine my life any other way than being a mother and a wife.  I guess the good news is that I am truly happy with my life just the way it is. I do, however, wish my dad was here to share in all these FIRSTS.  But even then, it's a selfish thought... because I know that he is, in fact, sharing in all these FIRSTS. It is a miracle beyond all miracles, the miracle of life.  Crazy how things change over the course of a year.

Here is my rotten & ornery but nevertheless, my angel--see for yourself:

This is the face that makes me melt and he, in turn, usually gets what he wants.  I'm such a sucker.

Look at all those toys from Christmas...spoiled ROTTEN
Tell me that this doesn't show that he has some master plan to conquer my household! hahaha


Sarcasm at an early age...just what this household needs is more sarcasm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers