Friday, March 5, 2010

Healthy eating, Healthy child

Ever since Kenwood was born, I've wanted him to eat healthy.  I am the type of person that will eat just about anything.  I love my vegetables, I love fruit, I love whole grains...but on the same standard, I love greasy fast food, tons and tons of cheese, and plenty of unhealthy induldgents.

We have been the type of parents that had the "Do as I say, not as I do" motto.  Until now.  Ever since we started the infamous Biggest Loser family competition, Dillon's and my eating habits have changed significantly.  So, now it's alot easier to get fresh fruits and vegetables for Kenwood to eat, because we can eat them too! If you have only one person--nevertheless a one year old--that is eating fresh produce, it goes bad REAL fast.

My other "rule" for Kenwood's eating habits is a rule for me! The simpler and quicker prep time...the BETTER! Here are some great finds I've done for Kenwood at mealtimes.

Steamables Vegetables For One---it comes in 4 individual packets, and he loves them!  1 minute in the microwave and TA-DA! They also have full servings that include potatoes, rice, veggies, etc that are enough for an entire meal.


Go-Gurt---Kenwood LOVES it! But, I have to help him or it would be EVERYWHERE



Lunchables!  Kenwood takes a lunchable just about everyday to Mother's Day Out...he gets his protein, dairy, and carbs all in just the right amount for his appetite!  And they have chicken sticks now too!



We also do lots of packaged fruits and vegetables.  Experts say, they are just as healthy as fresh! So, they stay good for longer periods of time.

If you all have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers