Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Remodeler's Anonymous

Ok, I sincerely think that my husband and I have a serious remodeling addiction.  It's not that we aren't satisfied with what we have, because trust me--we know exactly how blessed we are.  A lot of my addiction comes from the fact that we bought my Grammy's house.  So, for me this was a house that would forever be in my memory.  But, I wanted our house to be OUR house--with OUR things--and OUR preferences.  Not so much of the feeling of "Grammy's House" that I will remember everytime I think of my childhood.  Which, interestingly enough is the same house that Dillon lived in with Grammy for a summer when he had an internship up here in OKC....and, coincidentally we are now sleeping in the room he lived in for 3 months-since we kicked ourselves out of the master due to the dust.  Talk about a blast from the past :)

Well, mission accomplished.  The last part of our house that really still reminded me everyday that I was living in my Grammy's house (and not my own) was the master bathroom....and the front and back exterior for that matter.  All of which are being addressed during this go-round of "renovation". 

As I stated in an earlier post we are doing a simple change of shutters and front door, we got a new front patio and we did decide to go with a rock fasad on the picture window in the front as well as around the front door (we'll see how it turns out, I'm kind of nervous!).  My fear with the rock fasad is that it will LOOK like we put it there, looking totally random and not like it was built with the house....however, we decided to put a rock frame around the front door as well as a matching rock flower bed liner...so I'm hoping it will all tie in.  The rock should be finished tomorrow-they started today, how awesome is that?-so I will post pics when it is finished. I'd appreciate the feedback, because we can always take it down if it looks horrendous!!

You would think I would be totally and completely SICK of remodeling after the initial 3 month remodel 2years ago when I was pregnant....and especially now when I have at least 15 strange men working around my house 8 hours a day....when all I want to do is take a shower and not have to chase Kenwood down out of the workzone every 5 minutes!!  But, the thing is, I get some kind of weird pleasure out of everything that is being accomplished!  I just LOVE it!  I'll post pics later, the camera is in Dillon's car! :(

My next project is the backyard...and in the near future Kenwood's new "big boy" room when he moves to a toddler bed--give it another few months.  But don't worry, I'm already looking for new fabrics for his bedding and decor theme.  Until then, I'll focus on the things going around my house right now, and I will sulk in decorating my mom's new house---as soon as she finds and buys one! However, I'll try not to look too far in the future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers