Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gearing up for the big arrival!

WARNING:  If talking about dilation and effacement in pregnancy grosses you out, STOP READING NOW!!

I went to the doctor last week and I was 2-3cm dilated and 75% effaced.... She is head down and "fully engaged" full delivery. While, I'm not getting my hopes up because I went 2 weeks at 2cm with Kenwood--I'm getting very anxious!! My doctor said she thought she'd probably see me at my next appointment (Wednesday) but then she corrected herself and said she didn't want to speak to soon.  Way to fake me out Doc!  I am now full-term which is a total blessing in itself!! That means that if Miss Olivia came TODAY she should be good and cooked and healthy.  I haven't really had any contractions I don't think...just alot of wishful thinking "Is this a contraction?" "OHHH I think I'm having a contraction"  I'm sure I'll know when it's for real.  Maybe I'll be lucky and my water will break without any major pain! HA! Ya right. 

On the other hand, since doc said she could be here any day now I've been trying to keep the house decently clean and catching up on my rest!  I have been soooo beyond exhausted, I feel like I'm in a 100year old body because of all the aches and pains, and my complexion looks like a 14 year old girl.  I am SO ready for my mood swing hormones to balance out (as I'm sure my dear husband is too!!!) and for my body to feel "normal" again.  I've gotten really good at complaining, can you tell?

I'm getting ready!! Kenwood and I have been spending lots of quality time "playing"...he loves to play and we build blocks and make the toys "hide" in their block houses and then we "hide" under the covers in mommy&daddy's big bed...he keeps wanting me to "RUN MAMA" and chase him around the house...which is close to impossible with my not-so-over-exaggerated waddle so I'm ready to be able to do that again!!!

I went ahead and did Kenwood's Valentine's cards for his school party, because I'm sure I won't remember to do them when the time comes!!  Here is a sneak peek:


February is right around the corner...which means we're gonna have a family of FOUR!!! AHHHHH Here goes nothing! I will try not to go into hibernation with two kids....I will try.  Hopefully my next post is about a birth! But, lets not get our hopes up--she's as stubborn as her father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers