Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Beginning

Ok, so I've decided to start a blog.  I really don't have much reason other than I really like to write and I had an offer to write freelance for an online article publisher but I just couldn't find the time to write when I had a specific subject to write about...I would rather just write about my life and our daily activities as a family I guess!  So here is a little bit of our history to start off this blog:

Dillon and I were college sweethearts at the great University of Oklahoma.  We were both involved in the Greek life, Dillon was an SAE (Sigma Alpha Epsilon) and I was a Tri-Delt (Delta Delta Delta, duh).  We met at none other than a fraternity hall party.  Oh how I miss the blessed days of college when hall parties were still allowed and we had no other cares in the world (literally)!  Anyways, yes we met at a hall party.  And though he denies it to this day, he proposed to me the night we met (several times).  Saying, "I think we should get married."  Needless to say, I was obviously his dreamgirl.

Skipping ahead 4 years, Dillon proposed to me on his 23rd birthday.  We had a good 'ol steak dinner planned at the Ranch and friends to meet us at the bar to celebrate after.  Dillon surprised me with the proposal at the condo I lived in with just us and our two BIG dogs, Owen and Boz.  So, obviously I said yes and cried and wanted to call my parents but he said we should tell them in person...blah, blah, blah. So, we went to dinner. And both of our parents were there to surprise us and congratulate us on the upcoming wedding that I'm sure my daddy was super excited to fork over the money for!




We got married February 2, 2008 in Oklahoma City and had the perfect wedding.  It was sincerely a winter wonderland wedding.  It was frigid cold but the open-bar at the reception seemed to make everyone forget about the cold weather and put their dancing shoes on to cut-a-rug. We honeymooned at Sandals in Negril, Jamaica, returning home a week later to a house in mid-remodel and all our belongings shoved into one back bedroom.  They say if you can survive a remodel, you can survive anything...thank goodness we did the remodel during the newlywed stage! I might kill him nowadays.


In April 2008 we were pleasantly SURPRISED with a positive pregnancy test.  While I walked out of the bathroom into our house that was literally ripped down to the studs, Dillon thought we'd better MAKE SURE so we trucked on over to the AM/PM Clinic.  And, CONGRATULATIONS from the doctor was the comment that started our new family.


In May 2008 my daddy was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer, which cancer is cancer, but Pancreatic is pretty much one of the worst diagnosis you can get.  He was only given 6 months to live but he was a fighter, and he was stubborn and he stuck around for us until his grandson, Dillon Kenwood Orr II was born on December 4, 2008. Which, coincidentally was the same day my sister found out she was pregnant! Daddy left us for our Heavenly Father exactly a week later on December 11th.  The Lord truly tested me in those last months and weeks, but I now know that when "God takes a life home from this earth he brings another one into your life" and the circle of life is and will always be a gift from God.




No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers