Tuesday, December 22, 2009

First Annual Orr Family Christmas Dinner

This year was the beginning of a tradition at the Orr house.  We hosted Christmas Dinner to kick off the Christmas Week with family, prayer, fun and good food!  We had both sides of our family there and all of Kenwood's cousins--he had a blast by the way and stayed up WAY past his bedtime! A total of 12 adults and 5 kiddos minus cousin Drew who was at his Dad's for Christmas---we sure missed him! 

I attempted to cook a meal large enough to feed 5 men that eat like bottomless pits and 7 women that all like a good meal too! It was a task to say the least.  My mom and my mother-in-law are both exceptional cooks so this was my chance to prove myself! So, I busted out my Christmas china, my SILVERware, my crystal goblets, and all my crystal and silver serving ware and went at it.  (I was so excited to finally use all of my china and silver and crystal that I got for my wedding!)

The Menu:
Flank Steak (with Abby Lawrence graciously giving me her marinade recipe)
Homeade Skin-on Mashed Potatoes with Cheese
Green Beans
Ceasar Salad
Rolls and French Bread

Well, the grill of course started screwing up and wasn't cooking the steak fast enough so we had to stick it in the broiler. Despite the mishap, dinner was just great!

The big hit at dessert was the hot chocolate punch bowl and tea cups.  The girls loved drinking their hot chocolate out of the "fancy" silver cups. 

However, the highlight of the night was not dinner or dessert.  It was having family all together and seeing how much fun the kids had together starting their own Christmas memories. 

1 comment:

background

Followers