Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Christmas Week!

Happy Christmas Week!  This is the first year that Santa is visiting our little Kenwood, which he is pretty excited about, even though he doesn't exactly know what Santa does or what he looks like.  He does however, smile when I say Santa...but that's probably only because I say it in a cheery voice and smile real big afterwards...so he's probably just smiling at me....but I still like to think he's smiling at "Santa", or maybe he's secretly thinking if I had a long white beard on my face I could pass for Santa.  In any case, he's excited because I like to think he's excited.

We went to visit Santa at Penn Square Mall the other day and Kenwood wouldn't even look at the camera he was so mesmerized with the big fat man with the white beard.  He kept touching the beard and staring intensely at Santa...it was pretty cute actually.  But I'm thinking if the guy wasn't dressed in Santa clothes that kind of behavior might be a little creepy.  But, of course, we thought it was adorable.  I am so looking forward to Santa's toys on Christmas!

However, I am not looking forward to my house being decorated with toys.  Everytime we get new toys for Kenwood we can only give him a few at a time because he tends to play with them for a few days and then get bored.  So I have come up with the brilliant idea of rotating toys.  One week we have 3 big toys out in the living room....the next week they are rotated to the closet and 3 more big toys are in the living room...etc. etc. The only toys that really stay in rotation day after day are his balls.  haha. haha. okay, I just laughed out loud at myself.  But his balls really do stay in rotation, he loves his football and basketballs.  We've learned how to play catch recently.  I'm thinking he may be a quarterback or wide receiver.  That boy can throw AND catch.  I think Dillon says they call them "athletes" when they can play any position.  I sure hope he likes football as much as we want him to like it.  If he gets any of his dad's athletic skills he won't be very good.  I, on the other hand was a pretty darn good Tight End (the position, not my butt) in powderpuff...

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers