Saturday, December 26, 2009

It was a VERY WHITE Christmas!

We loaded up the car with presents and bags and headed East on I-40 to Shawnee, Oklahoma to spend Christmas Eve with Dillon's side of the family.  We were sitting around Christmas Eve afternoon opening our gifts and eating lunch when we looked out the window to see no less than a true BLIZZARD.  I'm talking, wind from two directions and snow and ice pouring out of the sky like bullets.  Needless to say we were all excited for a white Christmas.  But the excitement slowly dwindled when Dillon's sister and her family got snowed in with us...and Santa didn't get to visit the kids because he didn't know they were at their grandparents house!  Then my excitement turned to tears on Christmas morning, though I was thrilled to be with half of my family, I also wanted to be with my mom, brother and sister.  You see, Christmas time is difficult for my family this year...because Daddy isn't with us and he was always the epitomy of Christmas Cheer.  It was a very difficult day not being able to spend it with them, but what was most important to me was my boys.  As long as I had Dillon and Kenwood, Christmas was wherever we were.

I realized this year that Christmas is not just a day.  December 25th is not Christmas.  Christmas is family and love and the celebration of the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Whether it be on the 25th or on any other day, it doesn't matter.  It's okay to bend on your traditions as long as you all get together at some point. I hope everyone had a very blessed holiday season.  God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. I love you sister. I can't wait to have our Christmas celebration tomorrow! I've also learned that the anticipation of Christmas is part of the fun and postponing it a few days just makes it more exciting!
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is hard for my family as well because my father passed away ON Christmas day in 2006. It's gotten easier as time has passed. The pain doesn't go away but it does turn into something more manageable.

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers