Friday, December 18, 2009

It's a Wonderful Life

I forced my husband to watch It's a Wonderful Life with me last night in the spirit of Christmas.  Get this...prepare yourself....he had NEVER seen it! I know, right? What kind of lunatic has never seen only the greatest Christmas Classic of all time?  Pathetic.  Anyway, that movie always makes me want to be a better, less-selfish, more-giving, person so I'm writing about my epiphany.  Here's your very simple mission for this Christmas week, that will make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside:


Tell the people in your life you love them. If thats a little much, at least tell them you appreciate them.  I can only imagine telling my postman I love him...might be a little odd or a lot strange...especially since he lives across the street! But I do appreciate him for busting his butt in the frigid cold to bring the mail to my door, so I'm telling him today that I appreciate what he does.  I'm telling the Sonic-Hop I appreciate her for walking my Route 44 Diet Coke to my car....again, in the frigid cold.


I told Kenwood's teacher's at MDO yesterday that they "fill our hearts with thanks" for being so loving toward my baby (and I gave them a gas card--I know, pretty cheesey).  I rocked my precious nephew to sleep yesterday and sang to him...which was probably not very thoughtful and I'm pretty sure he did NOT appreciate me for that, considering I'm tone deaf.  But, it's the thought that counts, right?

Pray. Hug someone.  Don't judge on first impressions.  Be thankful for the light turning green when you're in a hurry.  Be thankful for your sweet child's laugh or your husband's love or that you even have someone to love and that loves you back.  Remember that this season is about GIVING.  About God GIVING Jesus to SAVE us.  I mean, that's a pretty big deal.  Could you give your only child to save someone else?  I'm pretty positive I couldn't. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Happy Birthday Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, you are pretty good at this writing thing. However, I feel like I am just getting to know my own sister. Since when do you have so much emotion? I love you and I appreciate you. Thanks for loving my son and helping me with my project.
    Cam

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers