Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pepperoni Stromboli-280 calories?! YUM!

Dillon and I are trying to eat a little bit healthier since he wants to lose weight and I've hit the 30lb pregnancy weight gain already with 10 weeks still to go! YIKES...at this point last pregnancy I'd hit about 50, but I started about 20 heavier this go 'round so I'm right on track to be as ginormous as last time.  So, I stole this cookbook from my mom called "Quick and Easy Healthy Main Dishes"...it has sooo many great options for REAL (pregnancy craving) food! I have at least 8 recipes marked for us to try.  Tonight: Pepperoni Stromboli--Pizza on a diet? Yes, please!

13 oz Pillsbury Pizza Crust
1 3/4 c. spaghetti sauce, divided (I didn't use NEAR this much)
30 slices turkey pepperoni
1 c. reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese (Ok, so I used a little more than that....I like cheese on my pizza people!)

Preheat oven to 350. Roll out pizza dough. Spread spaghetti sauce over dough (I just barely did this b/c I don't like a lot of sauce). Layer pepperoni and cheese.  Fold dough over to create a pouch.  Seal up edges, then bake seam down for 20-25 minutes.  Use remaining spaghetti sauce for dipping.

Makes 6 Servings; Per Serving: 280 calories

This sucker is HUGE...we'll be lucky to finish half of it between the three of us (Kenwood eats like a champ) I think next time I'll load half of it with olives, peppers, and lots of veggies and Kenwood and I can split that side! I'm definitely looking forward to dinner tonight! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers