Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Week Kenwood!!!

My precious angel is turning TWO this week!  I cannot believe he has been here for two whole years and at the same time I feel like he has always been a part of our lives!  For those of you who don't know the whole story behind our little miracle baby, I'll give you a brief overview:

Dillon and I got married February 2008...on our wedding night we VOWED we were waiting FIVE years until we started a family.  Well, God had a plan far bigger than we could have imagined and FIVE WEEKS after our wedding day, we had a positive pregnancy test! Well, well, well.

In April 2008 we announced the news to our families...my dad had made the comment that "this baby is a blessing, it's the circle of life guys, when God takes a life he brings in a new one."--This was supposed to be directed toward the recent loss of Dillon's grandfather...but again, God's plans were much larger than we could imagine.

In May 2008 my Grammy passed away...a few days later, my precious Daddy(who was my best friend) was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and given only a few months to live.  So, needless to say this precious little baby that was in my belly was a blessing in disguise and our sole reason to go on living with a positive attitude towards our future....it was a very stressful and emotional 9months!!

On December 4th, 2008 our little blessing, Kenwood, graced us with his presence.  A presence that we all knew would have to fill a hole that would inevitably left in our hearts in the near future.  On December 11, one week to the day after Kenwood was born, God took my Daddy to Heaven.

A year in review:

 Kenwood's First Birthday
 One year photos
 February 2010
 Easter 2010
 Kenwood's gonna be a BIG BROTHER!
 Summer 2010
 Always a good eater!
 Fall 2010
 Fall 2010


Kenwood at Two Years:

Favorite Food-Hot Dogs, Spaghetti
Favorite Shows-Mickey Mouse, Dino Dan
Favorite Toys-Figurines, he loves all of Dillon's old plastic cowboys and horses
Favorite Animals- DOG, Horse, Dinosaurs
He says his prayers every night, and the first thing he thanks Jesus for is his dog...then Daddy...and sometimes we'll get lucky and Mommy will get in his list of Thanks!
Favorite Book- Dinosaur Numbers, Counting with Elmo
Favorite Place to go- School or Church....or of course Zeezi's house and Mimi&DonDon's house
Words he uses everyday- Dog, No, Eat, Mick (aka Mickey Mouse), RAAAAR, Saur (dinosaur), Coke(aka drink), Cars, Night Night

I am amazed everyday by the grace of God and by his divine presence in our lives.  He has plans for us that we may never understand but He has a purpose for everything.  I am so thankful that He chose me to be Kenwood's mother...this sweet little boy has made Dillon's and my life complete.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Kenwood will be 2 at the end of this week! Where has the time gone? Looking at the one year photos - man he is no longer a baby! Loving his toothy grin!

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers