Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cooking Adventures

Something about my new kitchen has made cooking a breeze.  Yes, cooking, which I've never really had a knack for and quite frankly never really liked at all.  It's amazing to me the blissfulness of having a GAS stove.  I've always heard how wonderful it was, but since I was obviously never a "cook" persay, I really didn't give a hoot. Though I still won't deem myself a "cook" for a quite awhile, I will say that having a gas stove is one of the luxuries in life that I will never go without from this point on.  Here is a sneak peek at my little helper:


Kenwood has also been a big helper in this "cooking" mama learning process.....he completely UN-organized my spice rack the other night, but hey, it kept him busy for a good 20 minutes.  Un-organize away my little angel :)



What's on the menu tonight?  Enchilada's! Yummy.  This is a recipe from Dillon's mom, it's one of his favorites.

Enchilada Sauce:

1 8oz can tomato sauce
1/4 can water
4 T vinegar
8T sugar

Heat on stove until desired temperature is reached.

Enchiladas:

12 Corn Tortillas
1 LB Ground Beef
1 cup shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook beef on stove until brown.  Spoon into corn tortilla and add cheese.  Roll tortilla and place into casserole dish.  Continue process until all are rolled and ready.

Place casserole dish in oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden.

Top with Enchilada Sauce to your preference. -- I serve my sauce on the side because some people want ALOT and some people want not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers