Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rugs, rugs, rugs....

YAY!!!! We ordered our rugs yesterday.  Thankfully, Dillon and I usually agree on just about everything when it comes to decorating and our selections.  Rugs play a major piece in a house's decor.  Here are our options.

The plaid will be the 3rd one...it will go in our kitchenette under the kitchen table.  We fell in love with this in the store and brought home a sample...and coincidentally fell even more in love with it next to our furniture.  It is DARLING! Can't wait to see it in a big rug!  I'll also have a runner in my kitchen to match.

 One of the major focal points in the new house is our stairs!  They are carpeted in black and white zebra and it's the first thing you see when you walk in the door.  Since the dining room is also off the entry, we chose this pattern.  It will tie in the zebra print but will be FAR more subtle.  It will also formalize our furniture a bit more, since it's on the vintage/rustic side.  I'm anxious to see how this will look!  Even better, as a dining room rug--the black will HIDE a ton of spills and I'll be able to see exactly what needs to be vacuumed up :)


For the living room we chose a VERY plush carpet to be bound into a LARGE rug.  We chose this color because anything lighter would have looked horrible with our very dark brown furniture and we opted out of an area rug because of the pattern we will already have in the kitchen and because I like to change my mind on throw pillows about every other day, so I didn't want to be stuck with too much of a color scheme.  It will be a very cozy room....perfect for sitting on the floor and playing with the kids.  I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers