Monday, October 4, 2010

A new cook on the horizon!

For those of you thy know me, especially my husband, you know that I was not blessed with the "good cook" gene that my entire family has. My mother actually TAUGHT cooking for 15 years and I somehow avoided letting any of her cooking knowledge sink into my little brain! I'd like to think my cooking expertise came from my Dad, whose favorite foods consisted of sauerkraut and vinegar on chili. GROSS. Neverthelss, I am bound and determined to start cooking for my family.

There are a number of reasons for this sudden change of attitude toward the dreaded "cooking":

1. Health Benefits--even good 'ol down home cooking is healthier than greasy MSG-full take-out.

2. Convenience--as soon as we get moved and settled, it will no longer be "convenient" to go down the street for fast food.

3. Poket-Book-- it is a lot cheaper to cook than to order out every meal! Especially as soon as Dillon and I learn to eat left overs.

4. Vanity-- as vain and lame as it is, I want my kids to grow up loving their moms cooking and wanting my recipes. Just like I grew up loving my moms cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers