Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Decorating as the boxes dwindle SLOWLY

While we are in the process of getting our house unpacked, I have come across a number of things that don't have a place anymore.  In our old house we had SO MANY display shelves that were loaded with frames and miscellaneous home decor "knick knacks".  I literally have frames and vintage books coming out my ears with not many more places to put them.  So, I improvised.  I got into my "craft box" (that has yet to be unpacked) and dug out some fall colored scrapbook paper.  Then I cut the paper down into sizes that would fit my left over frames and thought of a "quote" or "saying" that I could spell out to print onto the paper.  I placed the back row on all the left over books I had (genius, I know)....Here is the final effect:

I am going to spray paint the 2 that aren't black.  But for now it works.
I think this is a fun little entry table idea!  I can change the saying with the different seasons and/or holidays.  It was so quick and easy...turned out pretty cute too!


This entry table is pretty simple and probably won't change much from season to season except that during Christmas the garland will be pine or poinsettias or something and there obviously won't be pumpkins.  The rest of the year will probably just have a plain ivy or spring flowers or something around those lines.  PS-my husband surprised me with this AWESOME table from my favorite furniture store, El Paso Imports (who knows us by name when we walk in...sadly).  I'm in love.  With the table.  And my husband of course :)  Thanks Daddy-O.

1 comment:

background

Followers