Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Halloween is always a fun time of the year for me.  I don't know if it's all the fun memories I have of Halloween growing up or if it's my excitement to share and grow on those memories with my own kiddos. One of my favorite memories of Halloween is my Daddy.  He ALWAYS went as "Mr. Goodwrench" and would dress in his dirty work clothes, throw on a trucker hat and flip the lid with "Mr. Goodwrench" written in sharpie on a piece of duct tape....I soooo wish I had a picture of it to show everyone.  I always remember having big Halloween celebrations and my dad would pull the charcoal grill out into the front yard.  He'd give all the adults bringing their kids trick-or-treating hot dogs and a beer and send them on their way.  Halloween is one holiday that most of my favorite memories of my daddy come from!

Well, Halloween started early this year in the Orr house with a fun little costume party with our play group.  Luci of course had darling decorations and desserts and Bailey made some yummmy sandwiches (I ate 2 1/2 by myself).  But most importantly, the kids had a blast--like they always do!  Kenwood went as a "Rockstar" this year so we could utilize his legitimate mohawk/mullet that he has grown all by himself.  Here are some pictures of my little Rockstar.

Rockin' the guitar

I hairsprayed his mohawk up and drew on some tattoos and earrings, we already owned the clothes and we used Daddy's guitar from his Guitar Hero game.  
Cheap/EASY costume...IF your kid can grow a mohawk :)

On the way in to Finley's house--it was a little bright outside

 Luci's darling decorations...I swear you could see this in a magazine

Struttin' like a true rockstar


Side-view of the mohawk/mullet :)  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh... your little man totally looks like a little rock star! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers