Monday, November 15, 2010

Baked Potato Soup and Grilled Cheese

What's on the menu tonight?  It was going to be leftover Hideaway Pizza that we ordered WAY too much of last night....but then Kenwood and I ate it for lunch instead :)  Since I have a sick little boy today, my grocery shopping will have to get done tonight when Dillon gets home from work to watch my munchkin! So, an easy dinner tonight is definitely what needs to happen!  I got this Baked Potato Soup recipe from one of the mom's in my Bible Study--Thanks Alli Black!  I am soooo looking forward to this comfort food tonight--its rainy and cold out!  We'll be having this along side some good 'ol classic grilled cheeses :)




- 1 bag Ore Ida Steam and Mash Potatoes (Regular Flavor- Cut Russet Potatoes--In freezer section near fries)
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits or crumbled bacon (I am going to use microwave bacon...not feeling very "Martha Stewart" tonight)
- 2 to 3 cups milk (more or less milk depending on how thick or thin you like it)
- 3 tablespoons light butter or margerine
- Shredded cheese
- sliced green onions (about 5) --I'll also be leaving these out due to a few "no onions" tastebuds in my house
- salt and pepper

1. Cook potatoes for 10 minutes in microwave as directed on bag
2. Dump cooked potatoes into a large bowl and add bacon bits, milk and butter, salt and pepper to taste. Mash with a potato masher or fork and stir thoroughly. 
3. Cook another 3-4 minutes in microwave adding more milk if necessary to thin out soup, stirring when necessary.
4. Top with shredded cheese and green onions. (a little sour cream is good too)


No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers