Tuesday, November 16, 2010

An Emotional Rollercoaster

As my last trimester starts, I have about a million emotions running through me!!  Maybe it's the hormones, but I think it's mostly just the holiday season and the anticipation of another precious angel making our family complete.  I sat down today to start Olivia's bedding and just sat there crying and ironing the fabric....  I am missing my Daddy ALOT these days...I miss him everyday, but lately it's just been hitting me like a load of bricks every once in awhile.  I just sit here and wonder what he thinks of his little grandson that will be TWO in less than 3 weeks, I wonder what sort of activities they would do together, I wonder what he would say about our new house, and how he would feel about another granddaughter to sweep him off his feet....and I know he's looking down on us all right now and telling me not to cry and not to dwell on the fact that I don't know the answers to these questions.  And he's laughing.  Laughing at my emotional state and teasing me about not worrying about the things I can't change.  And he's telling me to put every ounce of my TRUST in God because His will is stronger than any planning I can do to prepare for the unknown of our future.  So, I calm down and pray.  Prayers of thankfulness for a healthy, happy family and thankfulness for the things in our future that I cannot plan for and thankfulness for the memories I have and the life I was given.  'Tis the season to be thankful and grateful!!

1 Chronicles 16:34
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever"


Baby Bump-27 weeks

Getting ready to start the "bedding project"

3 comments:

  1. Cara, what an inspirational blog, all while tearing up at your emotional heart and sadness. :) To think of all the things that we have to be thankful for in the midst of things that we cannot control but still tug at our hearts. Thank you for reminding me to remember the little things and to give it all to Him. I pray sweet blessings over you and your family and that God may restore that peaceful feeling over you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Such a sweet post!
    2. Your bump is adorable.
    3. Can't wait to see your bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things:
    I wrote that verse on my breakfast area chalkboard on Sunday! Give Thanks to the Lord... LOVE IT!

    I loved your post about your Daddy. I love hearing about wonderful father/daughter relationships, since I don't have a dad to speak of. Very touching and sweet! I pray you'll find peace and comfort during those hard times.

    Isn't it crazy, just a few more months and our babies will be here! I feel like this pregnancy has flown by, do you? Whew!

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers