Friday, November 19, 2010

Crib Project: Part1 Complete!

Part 1: Crib Skirt-COMPLETE!!

I worked all day on Olivia's bedding today! We moved Kenwood's toys upstairs and I got out plenty of stickers and "crafty" stuff for him to do while I worked on the sewing machine.  It was actually a pretty productive day!!!  I am not using a pattern for any of the bedding, just kind of taking measurements and working from there.  I finally taught myself how to sew a ruffle (for the bumpers) the other day which took me SEVERAL different tries and about 3 different techniques.  Of course, the easiest was the last one I tried!  So, I mastered the ruffles and finished those today as well as pre-washed the "fabric"/blankets for the bumpers.  Once I mastered the ruffles, I moved on to the crib skirt...same "ruffle" technique in a much larger scheme!  BUT...it turned out BEAUTIFULLY!! I am so proud of myself :)  Here is a sneak peek at the crib skirt...bumpers are next on the list!

Finished skirt close up....
  No mattress yet, so I had to lay down a blanket to get a better idea of how it will look...
  I am sooo excited!

1 comment:

background

Followers