Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Adventures in Cooking: Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes

Well, hello there.  It's been awhile since I've talked to you!  As you all know, my adventures in cooking have begun.  It was always a little hard for me to believe that cooking at home was actually cheaper than eating out.  I mean, you have to buy ALL the ingredients for every single meal.  However, I have been pleasantly surprised.  After 3 weeks of cooking on a regular basis (at least 4-5 nights a week), my grocery bill was literally cut in half for the week.  Reason being, now that I have most of the mundane ingredients for cooking in general, I didn't have to buy seasoning, spices, oil, etc.  And this family of 3 literally has good food for every meal for the next week for under $50!!! YAHHOOOOOO Here is a VERY easy recipe I tried on Monday.  It was delicious!

Pork Chops & Scalloped Potatoes:

2 Pork Chops
2 Potatoes
2 cups Milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese

PreHeat oven to 350 degrees. Season pork chops with salt & pepper as desired.  I used Lawry's Salt and Pepper generously coating the chops.  Cut potatoes in slices and layer on the bottom of a casserole dish, then pour in milk over potatoes, then cover with shredded cheese.  Lay pork chops on top of potato/milk/cheese mixture and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.

After baking, BROIL on HI for 3 minutes, flip the chop, and BROIL on HI for 3 more minutes. Pork chops should be cooked to an internal temperature of 155 degrees.

YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers