Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks be to God!

I wish I could blog about all the things I was thankful for more often than around the holiday season and sporadically throughout the year.  But, I know you all don't really want to hear it over and over again. However I am going to do it now...it is Thanksgiving Eve after all!!  Dillon and  I sat down the other night on a "date night" not knowing where to eat on our night off and finally settling at a Chinese Buffet....yes, you read that right.  No, it was not that good.  Yes, we regretted our decision immediately when we walked in the door.  Yes, we still ate like pigs....a pregnant pig for me :)  Anyway, we sat there stuffing our faces and lovingly gazing into eachother's eyes (Ok...not mushy like that we are not that cheesy) and talking about if we had the chance to go back in time what would we change. Dillon's answer was proudly "That you and Will Francis would have decided to go to the Tri-Delt formal instead of the SAE/PiKap Swamp Party" (This was obviously a sarcastic remark because Dillon and I met at this so-called Swamp Party and had it not been for me taking an SAE to my date party, we would have never decided to ditch the formal and go to the much more casual, much more swampy, and much more fun party...that I would inevitably meet my future husband at).

Anyways, beside the point of the multi-story telling...we both sat there in awe of the fact that our lives had turned out to be far more than we could have ever imagined.  I have a husband that I could only dream of--that makes me laugh, takes care of me, teases me, loves me, worries about me, a husband that is such a wonderful reminder that most girls will marry a man like her father. And, I see everyday that Dillon is a father that Kenwood will strive to be and that Olivia will want his characteristics in her future husband one day as well.  There is not a single thing I would change about my past, because I couldn't bear the thought of not ending up exactly where I am.  I am so beyond blessed that I cannot even put it into words.  Well, there is my cheesy, mushy, thankfulness speech for the holiday :)  Hope it didn't bore you too much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers