Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas Decorating!

I am getting SO excited to decorate for Christmas this year in our new house!! This will be our first year to have Santa visit and do stockings and Christmas morning with just our little family.  Kenwood is slowly starting to get the idea of Santa, so I'm really looking forward to this with him!  My mother-in-law has come up every year to help decorate the house for Christmas, which is nice because 2 out of the 3 Christmases I've been pregnant! (This is the 3rd)  Last year I made some burlap pillows to go with the decor....I have a TON of burlap leftover (but it's super duper cheap anyway).  Maybe if I can get Olivia's bedding completed, I'll move on to some holiday stuff!! If I have time this year, I'd LOVE to make these:

I lost the pillow covers I made last year in the move...and they had red writing...this year we have a lot of black and wrought iron in the house, so I love the shabby chic black that still is kinda Christmas-y


How adorable are these?!  Burlap is sooo durable and strong that it's an excellent choice for stockings to hold heavy stuff and hang!  I love the little ruffles too, adds a little feminity...maybe I could do 2 without ruffles and have 2 boy stockings and 2 girl stockings and take them to get monogrammed!

I am OBSESSED with this table runner.  And, it looks SO easy! We have a very rustic dining room table and this is rustic yet dresses it up a bit so we can still eat on our Christmas china and it not look too formal for our rustic table.

I'll let yall know if I get to these projects this year...it's a busy one thats for sure! But, hopefully I will--I think these are all just darling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers