Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Crib Bedding Adventure.....

First of all, I cannot even begin to express the difficulty I've had picking out bedding for Olivia...You all know because I've ranted and raved about it in several different blog posts.  Sorry about my ever-changing mind!!  WELL...we finally made a FIRM decision after going to pick out fabrics at Room 2 Dream and then being completely overwhelmed with the choices and we didn't even find anything we liked that much.  I've been on a roller coaster ride about what to do, but the decision was finally to go on the "Neutral, plush, soft" route.  I also decided to make it myself to save some money, I've made several sets of pillows and curtains so bumpers and a crib skirt shouldn't be too far off my comfort level!  I'm sure you all will hear all about my adventures in crib bedding!  With that said, we knew we wanted some sort of "minky" fabric on the bumper....then we decided we wanted it in a neutral color but still feminine.  I looked EVERYWHERE for just the right fabric and got NOWHERE.  I ordered swatches online, I went to fabric stores, I did it all and didn't LOVE any of my choices.  Then it came to me.....I could use a "minky"/"faux fur"/"super soft" blanket as my fabric!!! Brilliance, I tell ya.  Brilliance. I found this DARLING blanket online for....wait for it....75% OFF!!!! It's a 50x70 which is approximately 2yards for 1 blanket! Um, heck yes.  I was a little nervous because I've been so picky, but I ordered it at a Department store website so I knew I could take it back if I hated it (like I had hated everything else I'd seen).  Well, it came in today and I'M OBSESSED.  It's EXACTLY what I had pictured!!!!  Best part?  I got 2 blankets and a matching pillow for a ridiculously low price and I don't even think I'll need to use the second blanket for fabric! I am just beyond excited to start this project now!!!  AHHHH  Here are some pics of the fabric/blanket that will be the entire bumper:

Did I mention the darling "Rose" emboss it has?  I was so worried the neutral color wouldn't be feminine, so this is PERFECT! And how easy to clean?! It's a machine washable blanket, and I can spot clean with BLEACH because it's white! yaaahhoooo plus it's super duper SOFT!!
Close up of the fabric...it looks kinda dirty but thats just the shadow of the chenille
 Just a matching pillow so I don't have to sew it myself :)

I'll add satin/silk ruffles and ties to the bumpers with a satin/silk bedskirt.  Which I'll hopefully go pick out tomorrow!!  I'm going to try to find a really light champagne color for the satin/silk....
Here goes nothing! 

2 comments:

  1. Where on earth did you find this blanket & pillow???? It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it on the JCPenney website on SALE!! I think the total cost for both was around $19.99 and it's SUPER soft and apparently pretty good quality because my little girl just turned one and uses one of the blankets daily.

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers