Thursday, September 23, 2010

Beyond Blessed

I am truly amazed everyday at all the blessings in my life.  I mentioned last week that I had started a Bible Study.  I have a feeling you will all get to hear just how much it is changing my life since I will likely blog about it as I realize all the different things I'm learning.  This week's main lesson is to focus on the positive in your life and FAST the negative.  It's totally and completely a challenge, let me tell you.  But, boy oh boy does it truly help you realize your blessings!!!  Here is a quick paraphrase from my homework this week-- I literally laughed out loud.

"Lord!  I'm tired of cleaning up this kitchen, but I'm doing this for You and in Your name.  I praise you for my family who made this mess at mealtime and for a physical body that can still clean." -- The Frazzled Female, by Cindi Wood

This literally sums up my life, which is probably why I laughed so hard.

 So, ponder this:  When someone gives you a gift, do you say "That's nice, now how much do I owe you?" NOOOO.  You say, "Thank you".  As Christians, God has given us a gift- Salvation. But often we feel obligated to try to work our way to God and DO all the things the he would say is "right"---instead, challenge yourself to just be grateful. We should respond to God with gratitude, praise, and be joyful for the gift He has given us!

Happy Praising!

2 comments:

  1. SO FUN to find your blog:) Ours is olsonteam.blogspot.com although I have not been very faithful in updating lately/: Hope you are having a good week!
    Jerica

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder! Thanks for sharing!

    I am your new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers