Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Boomer Sooner

I think one of the most defining things people can mention when they talk about Dillon and I is Oklahoma Football. Simply put- it is a religion, only third in line to our love for Christ and our family. We were both raised in very Sooner born and bred families. I'm not sure either of us really had much of a choice surrounding our indefinite love for Oklahoma football.

Dillon and I with my parents and his parents.  Big XII championship in San Antonio 2007


My dad was actually an OU football player as well as my Uncle Tommy(who admiredly played on the undefeated seasons under Wilkinson and holds a national championship ring). Needless to say, I was dressed in sooner gear immediately after my arrival into this glorious world :).

OU football is also probably a major role player in the reason Dillon and I fell in love. I think I was the first girl he actually let go to a game with him---and to his surprise I actually knew what was going on and didn't ask ONE question the whole game. I think he was impressed :) I even think he thanked my dad for teaching me the ins and outs of the game.

Our early days of OU football together
Coldest game EVER! Big XII 2004 in Kansas City

Last year was our first year in 6 seasons to miss a HOME game. But, our darling little Kenwood was for the first time in our lives a priority greater than football :)  I cannot wait to take him to his first OU football game--probably next year.  But, we have already started him on his Sooner love!
9 months pregnant with Kenwood at OU/TX 2008

We brought him home from the hospital on the day of the Big XII Championship--he and daddy were dressed in their gear :)  

OU Football Season 2009


Can't wait until Saturday!!! BOOMER!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cara--it's Lisa Ptak! I read your blog everytime your post and just wanted you to know how happy I am for you and how lovely your life is! Couldn't be better!

    and I love the pics--way to raise a Sooner!: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! Thank you! I get so excited when I know people actually read my blog :) You should "follow" me!

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers