Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Healthy eating, Healthy child....it's harder than it sounds!

I broke down today and ordered a Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. SUPER unhealthy and SUPER caffeinated-which is apparently a "no-no" in pregnancy.  I just couldn't resist myself.  I look forward to them all year long.  But, don't worry I have a nice stock of Caffeine-Free Diet Coke and Cherry 7-Up with Antioxidants in the fridge, so I'll try not to indulge too much!

We had playgroup today, which I desperately look forward to every week.  Our hostess with the mostess of course had yummy sandwiches and fresh fruit and chips for us to all enjoy.  The food is definitely a treat especially for the fact that the majority of us are pregnant!  Thanks Luci for all you do!

Anyways, we all get in our gossip and talks at playgroup and one topic that came up today was working out.  I literally cannot say those 2 words together without cringing. I HATE working out.  I had every intention this pregnancy to follow my BabyFit tracker. But, I have yet to actually start it.  For those of you who don't know about BabyFit, it's a subsidary of Spark People.  I am a HUGE believer in Spark People because I know from experience it actually works if you follow it.  BabyFit is just a version for pre-natal and post-natal diet and exercise specifically tailored for women that are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or just had a baby.  I'm hoping my self-discipline will start back up and I can start my "healthy weight-gain" soon.  Weight gain. UGHHHH.  Why would I want to work out if it's not to lose weight? Health nuts. Arg. Maybe I'll start after the State Fair ends....preggers over here wants to enjoy some deep-fried funnel cakes and corn dogs! Yum-O!!! Well, here's to trying! (I'm toasting with my Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte for all you haters)

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

Followers