Friday, September 17, 2010

The Fairy Fair Fair

I went overboard yesterday with the fried food at the fair!  I started the day off going with my mom for the shopping.  We ate a cinnamon roll for breakfast, I then proceeded to get a nice large cup of Dippin' Dots, a slice of Sammy's famous pizza for lunch, and then we topped off our afternoon food fest with potato curls and ketchup.  YUMMMMM.

After mom and I had our day-o-fun at the fair, I went to pick Kenwood up at Mother's Day Out.  He didn't nap-again-so we came home and both hit the snooze button until Dillon came home from work!

When Dillon got home, we loaded up the car with the stroller and plenty of water for our little munchkin and hit the road, BACK to the fair! Yes, I went TWICE yesterday.  Judge if you must.  First things first, we hit up the corn dog stand.  Kenwood LOVES corn dogs too so that was naturally the start to our night.  We walked around and shopped a little and then stopped for some more snacking- cheesy curly fries and a funnel cake.  Kenwood was in HEAVEN since we let him dig into the cheese fries and funnel cake all at once, he could not get the smile off of his face!

Kenwood finally got restless so we let him out of the stroller and put his leash on. HAHAHA. Yes, Leash. I think the correct term for it is "Harness" but nevertheless, we are the family who straps the little animal backpack to our kid and walks him around at the fair. I'm sorry, but it was seriously the BEST thing that ever happened to us! Kenwood could run full speed and in every which direction and we were not chaotically chasing after him or in constant worry that some crazy weirdo (lets face it, we're at the fair) would snatch up our cute little love bug.  So, yes. We leashed our kid. And no, I'm not sorry about it.

I think Kenwood's favorite part was the petting zoo. Yes, we took him to the disease infested nasty petting zoo.  But, he loved it. Thank goodness for my purse full of hand sanitizer!

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

1 comment:

background

Followers