Monday, September 13, 2010

Preliminary Ideas for Dreaming

Here are some preliminary decor ideas I'd like to use in the new house-that is, if we ever get a new house. Which means we actually have to sell our house.  So, here's to dreaming:

I think an oversized frame with a magnetic chalkboard would be great in the kitchen or by a mud bench. I'm in love with chalkboards lately- I have no idea why.  I like this, only much bigger :)  I'm thinking somewhere around a 24x30 size.

I totally stole this picture from another blog I follow (hope is the thing with feathers) but I stole it because I liked the gingham black and white curtain paired with the burlap tieback.  Very vintagy and darling. We have very rustic furniture (lots of dark leathers and dark woods), so I think some fabric choices along these lines would really add a touch of charm or "country elegance" if you will. 


I think these would be darling if we had a jack and jill bathroom for the kiddos. I would frame one on each vanity "side".  I have this image in my head of having blue and pink towels with just plain white everything else (rugs, shower curtain, etc) and each of their "sides" being very girly or boyish.  Hey, a girl can dream right?!

It's not so much that I like the LOOK of these, but I like the concept behind them.  This could be a fun idea for a play area or even just a few thoughts for me to jot down on the chalkboard I like so much :)

2 comments:

  1. super cute ideas! i love the bathroom theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made a chalkboard for my kitchen. I used an old vintage frame, a piece of thin wood, used chalkboard spray paint and walla, it's sooooo cute!!! Easy DIY project too.

    ReplyDelete

background

Followers